here is your invite
heres my time in UK right now
UPDATE (02/04) : Next Tuesday at 7pm (UK time). Everyone who reads my blog is invited. Even gatecrashers, lurkers, hackers, crackers, spammers and baptists. Come along and celebrate with me. Theres room for everyone. Honest. The room is called “blog party!!” and the password is “happy”. and i think it holds 50 people but we havent tried it with that many . . . yet. It will be a good time to test it out. Except if nobody comes . . .
Also, Suddenly Seminary will be kicking off again soon. We have been making use of these spaces in virtual chat rooms for nearly 2 years. If you are interested in jumping on board this year, you may want to turn up on Tuesday.
How Will You Get There?
1. Leave a comment below so that I have your email address and can contact you if we change the details, or if i want to ask you to bring a gift.
2. Sign in. For those who have never been to Suddenly Seminary, or Habbo, it will take you a few minutes.. You can do this anytime. Go to habbohotel.co.uk [not the new american standard version that ends with .com] and sign in, get yourself a habbo (a ridiculous juvenille avatar-type identity), dress yourself up however you wish.
(suggestion: if you are a newbie, go in there now and practice walking, dancing, talking and drinking coffee. Have a spa. Go into other rooms and chat with people. This will prevent you from asking dumb questions on the night like “how do i stop myself dancing?” [a problem for some Mennonites].
3. Find my room. Under “Guest Rooms”, hit “search” and if you type “blog party!!!” it should come up.
4. Enter the password “happy” and go in. Pour yourself a cup of tea or coffee at the door and come and meet my friends. Remember to turn on “shout” mode if you want to be heard across the room.
5. Oh yeah – the room will be locked on the night but there will be a password to get in and I will post it here at least 2 hours before the party. That means you will need to come to this blog post to get it. But that will be a good time to see if there is anything you need to know. I might have a document or something to download and read.
ORIGINAL: April 4, 2006. 7pm GMT UK time (GMT + 1). Blog party at a new virtual room in Suddenly Seminary. Web address will be given out later. April 4th will mark 25 years since I started journaling my pilgrimage with God – a journey to about 40 countries that has been fascinating and scary and sometimes humorous. Why not come along and celebrate with me. Be great to chat with old friends and meet some new ones.
We are decorating a new virtual room that will hold 50 people, so we are limiting the numbers of attendees. If you would like to attend, please send me an email or leave a comment and i will make sure you get the details.