A little catch up with me . .
– Our family has just spent a whole year in a monastery, enjoying the prayers three times daily and being. We leave here in a week or so and will be back on the road, and hopefully with more time to blog and write. It was a wonderful time and a good transition from our overseas wanderings
– Our son Sam gets married next month to Jenna so there is lots of preparation and planning to do.
– One of our Christian Egyptian friends managed to escape into another country but the injuries he sustained from a beating last month have left a medical bill of US$600 which needs to be paid. We are hoping to get him to a European country soon. Another brother who we were trying to help leave the country is still there, much to our disappointment.
– Interesting to hear Steve Chalke’s announcement yesterday on the homosexual issue. I had just emailed his daughter when I read of it.
– Emergence Christianity event with Phyllis Tickle sounded interesting. I must have a listen when I can.
– Yesterday we recycled some doors from the toilet block into a kitchen cabinet for our truck.
– More guests coming over today to camp out with us in the paddock we are in. We have two fire baths now so we can offer a nice hot soak under the stars.
– I might stop over in USA on route from Europe in May, where I am speaking at Kirchentag Festival.