Now is the best time to start blogging. Really!
Darren Rowse has just released the Probloggers Guide to Your First Week of Blogging. Its a great little guide to getting started and developing some rhythms of writing and posting which will be a great help.
– Set up a folder for ideas
– Use mind mapping techniques for ideas
– Post your content the day after you write it
– Check google for key words that others use
– Integrate with other social media
There are also a lot of helpful links to previous content that you probably wouldn't find without the book.