“We are convinced that this is not the time to abandon the Anglican Communion.” Peter Abuja, Primates Response to Vatican’s recent offer to receive disillusioned Anglicans.
I think denomination-hopping is for wussies, anyway. And the Anglican communion has launched so many good networks that there’s no decent reason to look elsewhere. Here are 10 good reasons for Anglicans to stay Anglicans, each one an Anglican emerging missional church network.
1. Anglimergent, [see my post]
3. Churches for the Sake of Others,
5. Small Missional Communities,
I bet you could think of 4 more and make it an even 10 . . . go on then . . .
Graham Cray, Steve Croft, Exeter Network Church, Messy Church.
would stick on these two -:- MOOT, John Sentamu,
And let’s not forget Karen Ward rockin’ it with http://episcopalvillage.org here in the States.
And then there’s all the Anglican initiatives going on with CMS.
gotta give some love to the tickle
didn’t you all denomination hop in the first place?
Absolutely not!! I am still deeply committed to all of them!
For mercies sake, Anglican comprehensiveness may well be what survives the Great Emergence.
OK, they’re not movements… or are they?
1. Deep commitment to the authority of Scripture.
2. Engaging with a reasonable mind to grapple with contemporary issues facing the gospel
3. Deep commitment to the traditions of the church, going back to the early church Fathers (and Scripture prior to that… see point 1.)