“Good poker players bet the smallest amount that they think will accomplish their goals.”
Annie Duke used her PhD to become the world’s best poker player and is now funding social enterprise overseas. She is speaking to us right now at the Feast.
– never takes you out of the game
– gives you somewhere to go when you fail
– often more believable
Get the other person to bet for you because it:
– eliminates the problem of credibility
– eliminates the problem of follow through
– the other player will often bet a wider range of hands than they would call with.
Get the other person to set their own consequences.