– I can related to the blog-weary Phoenix Preacher who seeks a cave between and the Lighthouse Trails and the renewal movement.
– The Sovereignty series on Man of Depravity ended well. Lots of good thoughts, including one from me.
– When I was at Greenbelt Festival, I met Rob Bell and the controversial but congenial Gene Robinson on the same day. Later that day, I listened to the evangelical apologist Alistair McGrath defend the faith against new atheism. What an interesting mix of people.
Shovel it! This is me clearing away cowpats to prepare the campsite at Slot Festival, Poland.
– How do you measure successful holistic ministry? Social entreprenuers Andy Schofield, Shannon Hopkins, with additional brain power from missiologist-geek Brad Sargent, are working on a transformational index which I finally got to see last night. Jon Birch’s cartoons really make it look great.
– Four bottom lines of holistic transformation: social, economic, environmental and spiritual. Andy and Shannon dragged me into their social enterprise presentation at Greenbelt to discuss the fourth one. I talked about linking the enterprise to God’s missional plan to reconcile all things. I also suggested the missional entrepreneur is like a DJ who spins 4 records at one time, but the spiritual should be the first.
– One laptop per child didn’t seem to achieve what it hoped to, according to some criticism, but I wonder if an ipod touch per child, in a world of free wifi, would be a better solution.