– Debbie did a social enterprise course called “Sense and Sustainability” and I took a 3 day small business course on how to start up a business in Scotland. On Thursday, Debbie and I were in different rooms at the same building.
– Our cooperative had its first almost-official meeting last Sunday and we appointed Directors and decided on how this thing would run.
– Jessica Stricker is here for a few weeks from Austin . . and London.
– Electricians have reconnected the Sorting Room to the main grid and now, after a decade of no electricity, the lights turn on and the space is wired for action.
– Furniture action on Thursday and Jessica went for us. I bought two old stove for £1 each. Very cool. One from the 60’s and the other from the 1940’s. I also bought some old peat digging tools so we can start digging up our own peat from the ground for heating.
– Kids are well. Samuel did really well in his pre-lim exams.
– Our runaway goose named Christmas Dinner is still happily swimming around the harbour and getting fed by locals.
– I play badminton on Thursday nights on a pretty regular basis now.
– Debbie and I do Orcadian dancing on Tuesday nights and we almost always the youngest people there.