Its been a busy season for Anglicans and the emerging church.
– Karen Ward re-launches the Anglimergent social network which is like Presbymergent but Anglican. I am number 87.
– Ian Mobsby, after releasing his excellent book on whether Anglican Emerging Churches are really Anglican or not, is starting a Euro subset of Anglimergent
– Archbishop Rowan Williams gives some thoughts on the emergent church and fresh expressions on some videos like this one. HT: Emergent Village
– Becky Garrison publishes “Rising From The Ashes: Rethinking Church” and stakes a claim for Episcopal involvement in the American emerging church scene.
– Anglican Phyllis Tickle, after many thoughts about the emerging church, gets ready to publish her book “The Great Emergence“
– EmergingChurch.info is still the leading result for Google search on “emerging church” after many years at the top. (Wikipedia sometimes beats it).
Also, A Church Mission Society sponsored meeting in March in Northampton will see about 30 key leaders come together around the idea of “Small Missional Communities”. And yes, I will be there for that.
(click to enlarge)
I wonder . . .
Who in the emerging church movement will be at Global Anglican Future Conferece [GAFCON] in Jerusalem?
Who will be at Lambeth and might want to help run a Lambeth Fringe event to inform Bishops of new emerging church opportunities and information?
Are there one or two leaders who are thinking way beyond the Fresh Expressions box that really need to be at Small Missional Communities? Read the flyer below and shoot me an email if you know of someone. There might be room for one or two more.
Related: Paul Roberts of Thinking Anglicans on emerging church
Anglican Church Planting Initiatives (PDF)
Anglican Church Planting Initiatives on emerging church where they say: “Emerging Church – GO and STAY and see what EMERGES!”