– Scot McKnight (who has retaken first place on technorati EC blogs for the second time) discusses Spencer Burkes new book.
– Out of Ur has a good article on Monasteries for Spiritual Formation
– Paco Rosic from Sarajevo is painting the Sistine Chapel in Iowa and he is choosing the grafitti aesthetic. HT: Chad Brooks
– Russel on Blogging as the New town square
– Rick Warren gets a blog (comments not allowed)
– Washington Post: Cyber-savvy pastors blog when the Spirit leads them
– Steve McCoy’s Missional Baptist blog closes up shop. Reformissionary will continue. HT: Stephen Shields
Technorati Tags: blog, blogging, emergent, emerging church, monastery
If a website does not allow comments is it a blog?
If a person just talks and refuses to give any space for a reply … is it a conversation? Of course not … is the same thing true about blogs?
i agree but vintage blogs like my old one did not have comments
but today – you are right – a one way report is more of a journal or diary or column but not really a blog.
Thanks for linking to the Eagle and Child — I think another feature of blogging (beyond the commenting aspect) is the cross pollenation of ideas that comes. Much like the ways neurons work in our brains, linking establishes new connections that have never been there before and builds new (light touch) relationships that may grow into something bigger.
Still loving your blog