Here’s an update on whats up with us:
– Internet access is sporadic right now – I apologize for the comment spammers and their porno sites – they have been very active but i have deleted them all. The worst thing about not having regular access to my site is the time it takes to weed out spammers. They must lie in waiting until we are away from a phone line before posting their links.
Guideline for my comments: If someone or something called “Adult Gallery” posts an irrelevant comment to an obscure blog posting of mine, dont follow the link. Repeat. Don’t follow the link!
– Abigail is well. They kept her in hospital for an extra couple of days and we picked her up from the hospital to take her straight over to France and then up to Orkney. Diabetics have a really hard time when they get the flu. She was REALLY sickly and dehydrated. She went into ketosis. Black gothic shadows under her eyes – very Tim Burton! But now is totally back to normal. she received a flu shot yesterday.
– Kids all started new school today – great schools. Abi’s teacher is a nurse. Samuel has a teacher called Mr Clouston (my mother’s maiden name is Clouston – they are from this area)
– Monastery. We have arrived in Stromness. We are praying, building relationships, and working on some events soon – let you know. Orkney is a 90 minute ferry ride from the top of Scotland, and on the way to Sheltand Islands where we are expecting good things also. You can also fly into Kirkwall Airport.
– Suddenly Seminary will not be happening until we get broadband. Instead, every Tuesday night I will be playing badmintion at the Stromenss Badminton Club. Samuel and I joined last night. I havent played since i was really young, and i woke up very SORE!
– I called my Dad. He promises to eat tomorrow. Hopefully he will get better soon.
– I leave for Aberdeen tonight.
– Banner picture of cow was taken 2 days ago. Fantastic sunset and colours. no photoshop touch ups on that image. We had 2 incredible days of weather up here. More images later.
Our new address, written without numbers to confound spammers, is :
Greenways, thirty nine North End Road, Stromness, Orkney, KWsixteen threeLH, United Kingdom. Email me for our home phone.
post a good map link for us, please. and a site or two that would “show us around”.
Hi Andrew et al
Thanks for the update. I’m praying for you all, and know God is going to bless you as you continue to step out in faith.
So much for ‘evangelly speak’, now for the ‘real’ stuff….good on yer and take care. Our Heavenly Dad is looking out for you! Am praying for your Dad, too.
Hey, I was thinking about you the other night when my wife and I watched the Day After Tomorrow. It’s a Dennis Quaid movie about how global warming affects the arctic currents and leads to a new ice age. Well, the news wasn’t good for your neck of the woods. All of Scotland was totally frozen! Anyway, it made me think of you. You’re in my prayers, especially your Dad and Abigail. I’m excited about your move.
The comment spammers hit me pretty hard this week – over 100, and all with some vulgarity. I changed the name of my comment scripts (I think they only target the default script names), and did some investigating. It looks like there are networks of semi-bogus websites that contain some real information so they get ranked well by Google, but their main purpose is to drive link rankings and traffic to their other sites, which in turn link to online pharmacies that pay huge commissions. So, they have a whole network of comment spam that points you to a whole network of bogus websites that point you to the various e-pharmacies that pay them commissions. Ugh. Hopefully Typepad is taking anti-spam measures.