The WeMedia Fringe Event is confirmed for Wednesday evening, May 3 somewhere in Soho, London. Robin Hamman (Lead Troublemaker) has asked me for a list of participants. So this is where you send me an email and let me know you will be there with £15 and a smile. Do it today if you can. Let me know if you are a media student and want to help with podcasting – BBC 5 have offered a journalist and will probably use your audio.
Some of you might be at the Official WeMedia Global Forum anyway – which is a great idea – please take copious notes and tag your blog posts with “wemedia” for Mr Technorati’s roll call – Your evening is free so you can come over to the Fringe. WeMedia organisers are aware of the Fringe event and there seems to be a healthy amount of mutual respect and collaboration. Which is good. They even give kudos to my original PoorMeMedia post. If you really cant attend either event, you poor thing, then check out the chat and video options on the official site.
Robin has the line up of speakers for the Fringe event which now includes:
- Suw Charman, Executive Director, Open Rights Group
- Paul Evans who blogs at nevertrustahippy.blogspot.com
- Michael Tippett,founder of nowpublic.com
- Neha Viswanathan (withinandwithout.com and globalvoicesonline.org)
- Tim Ireland, online marketing expert and activist who blogs at bloggerheads.com
- Dr Chris Yapp, Head of Public Sector Innovation, Microsoft
- Ben Metcalfe (benmetcalfe.com / backstage.bbc.co.uk)
- A political blogger who goes by the name of “Quido Fawkes” (order-order.com)
Technorati Tags: wemedia