1. The coming of online global society (Internet, etc.)
2. Economic globalization
3. The feminist revolution
4. Environment at risk—global warming, species depletion, water, etc.
5. The genetics and quantum physics revolutions (DNA, superstrings)
6. Virtual reality and artificial intelligence
7. Cultural and economic decline of the U.S.
8. Global culture vs. global clash of civilizations
More on the trends here.
Howard’s early book called Radical Renewal: The Problem of Wineskins made a huge impact on the way I viewed church and has contributed to my own “deep ecclesiology”